AutoCad is universally acclaimed professional CAD software from Autodesk and is widely used by many manufacturers and industry houses. Autodesk is scheduled to launch its upgraded AutoCad 2015 sometime in spring next year with loads of improvements and features in tow. Let us have a look at them.
AutoCad 2015 Overview
AutoCad needs no introduction and is a premiere software for computer aided designing and modeling for industry including support for civil and mechanical engineering needs. The drafting tools provide general tooling support, which is unparalleled in the field of engineering design. The version 2015 includes lots of improvements in tooling, text formatting, and online collaboration and geo location services respectively.
Must Read: Download GTA San Andreas for Windows
- It gets you more Intuitive UI with dark themed environment for less stress on eyes. The UI is ribbon based akin to Office and status bar is highly customizable. The “+” button lets user add design views or customize existing ones easily.
- It comes up with Richer Graphics Previews with new rendering engine and automatic anti-aliasing for better previews. Improved visual feedback as the objects selected new preview their actual look instead of a generic one i.e. a line selected displays the actual thickness, line type and line weights. In addition, effects of various transformations can be previewed before being applied.
- Text tools including formatting support is improved with “+” icons that lets user create viewports and manipulate existing ones. The multi-line text editing tools have been vastly improved with bulleting and paragraph spacing tools, line kerning, line spacing, super/sub scripting, etc. Dimensioning has been improved which now ignore existing dimension lines to prevent inadvertently sticking to them.
- Geographic information can be pulled from AutoCAD 360 account and the data is saved locally along with a wizard to streamline the process, which lets access to it offline along with hosts of customizations.
- AutoCad’s ReCap point cloud manipulation software has been updated with dropping support for saving in older ISD and PCG formats but can be edited on existing models. Point cloud enhancements lets one create actual geometries from them easily.
- Improvements to Design Feed environment lets everyone access the design feed data in either DWG or archived format with support for offline storage. ATG importing support has been improved with Autodesk’s new ATF format specification.
The software is also available in AutoCad FL package, which is a cheaper 2D version of it along with bundles and collections with other software.
Features of AutoCad 2015
- Professional drafting and designing tools
- Online collaboration
- Geographic data incorporation
- Advanced 3D rendering with anti-aliasing
- Large format support from various vendors
- Huge online community and lots of resources
- Windows 7 or 8 (32 and 64-bit)
- Intel or AMD processors (Pentium 4 or Athlon, with 3.0 GHz)
- 2 GB RAM, 4 GB recommended
- 6 GB free disk space (4 GB for AutoCad LT)
- 1024 × 768 VGA with true color (1600 × 1050 recommended)
- Internet Explorer 9.0 or later web browser
So, with such a host of features and new improvements, upgrade to AutoCad 2015!